2. Jump Squat: 1 set, 40 reps
3. Sit-Up: 1 set, 30 reps
- Lie down on the floor placing your feet either under something that will not move or by having a partner hold them. Your legs should be bent at the knees.
- Place your hands behind your head and lock them together by clasping your fingers. This is the starting position.
- Elevate your upper body so that it creates an imaginary V-shape with your thighs. Breathe out when performing this part of the exercise.
- Once you feel the contraction for a second, lower your upper body back down to the starting position while inhaling.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
- This exercise can be performed with a weighted plate being held by both arms resting on the chest. The way to perform this exercise is to cross your arms by making an X and grabbing the weighted plate. Note: Your hands will no longer be behind your head.
- This variation may be difficult to perform at first so start out using little to no weights until you feel comfortable with the movements.