A quick and easy skillet meal with tender chicken scampi over perfectly cooked buttery, garlic parmesan rice.
Chicken Scampi with Garlic Parmesan Rice
Prep time: 10 Mins
Cook time: 35 Mins
Total time: 45 Mins
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 lb. chicken tenderloins
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic*
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste and garlic powder. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet. Sauté chicken tenderloins until nicely browned and just cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet, cover chicken then set aside.
- Add butter, garlic, pepper flakes and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the skillet then sauté garlic for 3 minutes (do not let the garlic burn or become too brown).
- Increase skillet temperature to medium-high then add white wine. Stir vigorously with a wooden spoon to emulsify the wine into the butter. Cook and stir for approximately 5 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half. Remove and set aside 2 tablespoons of pan sauce to use later.
- Add rice to skillet with remaining butter sauce then stir and cook for 3-4 minutes or until rice starts to brown just a little. Add chicken broth and remaining 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring mixture to a low boil then reduce heat to medium-low, cover pan then cook for 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir once or twice the first 15 minutes of cooking but not more than that.
- Sprinkle parmesan over rice then arrange chicken tenders in skillet over rice. Drizzle reserved 2 tablespoons of pan sauce over chicken tenders. Cover, remove from heat then let stand for 5 minutes. Garnish dish with more parmesan and chopped fresh parsley if desired.