Chipotle Copycat Cilantro Lime rice is a simple recipe that is sure to become a staple in your house. Cilantro Lime Rice is perfectly soft and sticky with a nutty floral aroma. It has fresh cilantro speckled throughout and a bright flavor from citrus that makes this an incredible side dish that you are going to make again and again!
Chipotle Copycat Cilantro Lime Rice
Prep time: 5 MINS
Cook time: 25 MINS
Total time: 30 mins
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup long-grain jasmine rice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (or any flavorless oil)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- In a medium saucepan over high heat bring water to a boil. Add rice, bay leaf and salt. Stir to coat rice. Return to a boil. Once it is a full rolling boil, reduce to simmer and cover for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, leave covered for 5 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf. Fluff rice with a fork, add the oil, cilantro, and juices. Stir to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!