Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs are easy Easter dessert recipe for peanut butter chocolate covered eggs. Simple, quick and easy no bake dessert recipe with peanut butter and chocolate is perfect idea for Easter treat.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs
Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter-melted
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Dash of salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- about 10-12 oz. chocolate or chocolate chips (I used half semi sweet baking chocolate and half milk chocolate)
- Line 8 x 8 inch dish with parchment paper, leaving the paper overhang the sides so you can easily lift it later.
- Stir together peanut butter, melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla and a dash of salt, just to combine.
- Gradually mix in powdered sugar.
- Press the mixture into prepared dish. Smooth the top with spatula or simply press it with your palms to flatten into about ½ inch thick layer.
- Place it in the freezer until firm enough for cutting.
- Line a tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- Using egg shaped cookie cutter cut out the eggs and place them on the tray. Place them in the freezer for 45-60 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and line another tray with parchment paper.
- Using a fork, dip each egg into melted chocolate to cover completely. Gently tap the fork to drip of the excess of chocolate. Place chocolate covered eggs on the parchment paper lined tray. Refrigerate until chocolate has set.
- Store in the fridge or freeze for longer storage.
- I made 16-17 eggs, but the number depends on the size of your cookie cutter. I use mu 2 inch circle metal cookie cutter and squeeze it to make egg shaped cutter. Don’t waste any batter, pick up leftovers, kneed, press with your palms and you will be able to cut out at least 2-3 more eggs.