This Easy Instant Pot Stroganoff is made with ground beef, mushrooms, and onions, cooked together with egg noodles all in the instant pot. A truly easy “dump it and forget it” instant pot recipe.
Easy Instant Pot Stroganoff
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef (or ground turkey or ground pork)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms , sliced
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 10.5 ounce can cream of mushroom soup (or homemade)
- 2 1/4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 8 ounces wide egg noodle
- 1/3 cup sour cream (or Greek Yogurt)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley leaves , chopped
- Turn Instant Pot to saute. Once the pot is hot, spray the bottom with cooking spray (or add a little oil), and add ground beef. Brown the meat, breaking it into small pieces as it cooks, and season it with salt and pepper. Remove any excess grease.
- Add onion, garlic and sliced mushrooms and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the flour, homemade or canned cream of mushroom soup, beef broth, and noodles and stir to combine.
- Secure instant pot lid, and turn valve to sealed position. Cook on Manual Setting or High Pressure Setting for 2 minutes.
- When pressure cooking is complete, use a quick release. (If liquid sprays from the knob, close knob, wait 30 seconds then release pressure again. You may also turn knob half way so only a small amount of steam is being released.)
- Carefully remove the lid and stir mixture. Allow the mixture to cool for a few minutes, then stir in sour cream, parsley, additional salt and pepper to taste.