Simple Eclair Ice Box Cake: No baking, no fuss, this easy ice box cake is absolutely delicious and just so fun. Rich chocolate topping, fun vanilla custardy center, and graham crackers. It tastes like an eclair in cake form! And is way easier than baking eclairs.
Eclair Ice Box Cake
Prep Time: 3 hours 10 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours 10 minutes
- 15-20 Graham Crackers broken in half
- 1 pkg. vanilla instant pudding 3.4 oz. size
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk cold
- 8 ounces COOL WHIP Whipped Topping thawed
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- White Chocolate Drizzle
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl beat the pudding mix with the milk, using a hand mixer.
- Let it set up a little, then stir in thawed Cool Whip.
- In an 8 x 8 square pan, put a single layer of graham crackers, approximately 10 squares, then top with 1/2 of the pudding cool whip mixture.
- Repeat this by adding 10 more graham cracker squares.
- Then spread the other half of the pudding mixture over the squares.
- Top with remaining 10 graham cracker squares.
- Then make chocolate topping (below), cover with topping, and then chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Just before serving take white chocolate chips and melt in microwave in 20 second increments, stirring between each. Should take about a minute to melt depending on microwave.
- Remove from fridge, and use a spoon to drizzle white chocolate over the top to resemble the top of an eclair.
- Cut, serve, and enjoy!
- Stir brown sugar and cocoa powder together in a small bowl.
- In a medium sized saucepan, over medium heat, add butter and milk, and bring to a slow boil.
- Let it boil 3-5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add cocoa and brown sugar mixture.
- Return to heat, and whisk until smooth, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Set aside to cool for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour over Eclair cake and put in fridge to let set up.
- Serve and enjoy!
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!