It’s easy to make these homemade choco tacos – homemade chocolate waffle cone with creamy ice cream dipped in chocolate and peanuts for a sweet fun summer treat.
Homemade Choco Taco
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Chill time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours 50 minutes
Servings: 14 tacos
Chocolate Waffle Cone
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 4 lrg egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp butter melted
- 6 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 11 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 gallons Ice cream – any flavor softened
- 16 oz Chocolate wafers
- 1 1/2 C Chopped peanuts
- Mix all the chocolate waffle ingredients together, until smooth
- In a waffle cone maker pipe a log of batter into the machine (about 2-3 Tbsp)
- Cook for about 40-45 seconds on medium
- Hang on rack so it will cool in taco shell form.
- soften the ice cream – stir to make sure it’s consistent (not half runny and half hard)
- Take shell and scoop the ice cream ice cream into it, place back in the freezer
- work with 2-3 tacos at a time, you don’t want the ice cream to melt; it will make the waffles too soggy.
- Melt the chocolate wafers and let cool slightly, then dip the open ice cream side of the taco into the chocolate, covering all the exposed ice cream.
- Then immediately dip into the chopped peanuts
- Keep frozen until you are ready to serve