These Mini Chocolate Cakes come with a gooey center and are so easy to make. Learn everything you need to know about making Mini Chocolate Cakes.
Mini Chocolate Cakes
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 12 mins
Total Time: 22 mins
Servings: 6 mini cakes
- 1+1/2 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate, chopped (255g)
- 3/4 cup butter (170g)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 vanilla bean* or (1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted (120g)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (30g)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (14g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a heatproof bowl, combine chocolate and butter and microwave for about 2 minutes, until fully melted. Stir every 15-20 seconds to prevent seizing. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla* to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk powdered sugar, flour, cocoa, and salt to combine. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, slowly stir just until combined. Use a whisk to remove any lumps, if there are any. The batter will be thick. Watch 1-minute video and detailed step-by-step photos for better understanding. Set aside.
- Butter and flour six 1-cup-sized (6oz / 240ml) ramekins.
- Spoon batter evenly into the ramekins. Bake for 11-13 minutes. I baked mine for exactly 12 minutes. The edges will look solid and firm and the center soft. Remove from the oven and let stand 1 minute. Then place an inverted plate on top of each ramekin and turn over. Caution: the ramekins are still super hot! Use a napkin or oven mitt. Top with powdered sugar, ice cream, berries, or chocolate fudge sauce to your preference. Serve immediately.
- Store leftover cakes in an airtight container in the fridge up to 1-2 days. Reheat in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds. Mini chocolate cakes are best eaten fresh on the same day. For freezing instructions, read the blog post above.