Smothered Green Beans – canned green beans baked in bacon, brown sugar, butter, soy sauce and garlic. This is the most requested green bean recipe in our house. Everybody gets seconds. SO good!! Great for a potluck. Everyone asks for the recipe! Super easy to make.
Smothered Green Beans
- 5 (15-oz) cans green beans, drained
- 1 lb bacon
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour drained green beans in an ungreased 9×13-inch pan.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until almost done but not too crispy. Remove from skillet, drain on paper towel and chop. Sprinkle cooked bacon on top of green beans.
- Whisk together brown sugar, melted butter, soy sauce and garlic powder. Pour over green beans.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.