Sweet vanilla cake muffins with strawberry and rhubarb, and a delicious pecan streusel topping.
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (or you can use sour cream)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup diced rhubarb & strawberries combined
PECAN STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp melted butter or margarine
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- First make your streusel: Just combine the pecans, sugar, cinnamon and melted butter, then set aside.
- Now to make the muffins: In a mixer combine the yogurt, oil and egg. Mix well then set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Then add the rhubarb & strawberries and the yogurt mixture, and stir until just combined.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin liners, and fill each cup about 2/3 full.
- Add a spoonful of the streusel mixture to the tops of each muffin (distribute it evenly between the 12 muffins).
- Bake for about 25 minutes.