This Cake Is The Kinda Cake Dreams Are Made Of.
Strawberries and Cream Cloud Cake
- 6 egg whites
- 1 ¾ cups baker’s sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 280°F/135°C.
2. In a large bowl, whip egg whites until stiff peaks form.
3. In a small bowl, combine baker’s sugar and cornstarch and mix well.
4. Gradually (split into 5 portions) add sugar into the egg whites. Once the egg whites form a stiff peak with a sheen gloss, set aside.
5. Bake for 1 hour. Then turn oven off and let cloud cakes sit in hot oven for another hour or two until the oven is totally cool.
6. Whip the heavy cream and sugar together until the cream is set.
7. Carefully place each layer of cake with cream and berries.