Strawberry Pretzel Dessert has mouthwatering layers of a pretzel crust, filling of cream cheese mixture, topped with fresh strawberries in jello.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Prep Time: 45 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 3 hrs 55 mins
Servings: 18 servings
- 3 1/2 cups pretzels, crushed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 oz cool whip, or whipped cream (stiffly whipped)
Strawberry Jello Topping
- 1 lb fresh strawberries , hulled and sliced
- 2 cups boiling water
- 6 oz strawberry jello powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Set aside a 9×13 inch glass baking dish.
- Place pretzels in a ziplock bag, seal and pound with a rolling pin to crush lightly.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the melted butter and sugar. Add in the crushed pretzels and mix to coat.
- Press the pretzel mixture into the baking dish, and then bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- In a medium bowl, combine jello powder with boiling water. Stir slowly for one minute until dissolved and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Using a large spatula, fold in the cool whip until evenly blended.
- Once the baked pretzels are cool, spread the cream cheese mixture evenly on top until flat across the pan. Then chill for at least 30 minutes.
- While chilling, you can rinse, hull and slice the strawberries.
- Gently place the sliced strawberries onto the filling in a single layer. Add any remaining strawberries on top as a partial second layer.
- Once the jello mixture is room temperature, dribble on top of the strawberries using the back of a spoon for even distribution.
- Chill for at least two hours. Serve and enjoy!